You have just moved to Richmond and you need to find a new doctor for your family; what do you do with so many of them telling you that they are the best? It is very important to choose your family doctor carefully – your lives will be in his hands and even a small act of carelessness or oversight can cause huge problems. As there are many doctors in Richmond you will probably be quite confused as to which one you should go with. To guide you, here are some tips:
• First outline what your needs are; do you need a doctor only occasionally when one of you is sick? Do you need a doctor because someone in the family has a chronic illness? If you need a specialist then write up the names of specialists and then choose from that list. If you need a general doctor then those are easier to find.
• You don’t want a doctor who is too far away – the last thing you want is to be rushing across the city when you have a medical emergency. If you can find one who is near your kids’ school and your home it is even better.
• The best doctors do not blatantly advertise their services; they know that word of mouth will bring patients to them. If you find that a doctor takes out advertising space in newspapers or magazines you may want to avoid them.
• Visit the practice to make sure that it is what you have in mind for a doctor’s office. There are some Richmond doctors who don’t have very sanitary clinics; these should be avoided at all costs.
• Make sure that the doctor you choose has gone to a renowned medical school. There are some who learn medicine in shady places and you don’t want them treating you.
• If you can find a doctor and a dentist whose offices are close to one another it makes visits much easier – you can schedule them for the same day.
To make your work easy for you, we recommend that you visit Roseneath Medical Practice. It has a group of well experienced specialists and they provide all kinds of medical services including anti and post natal care, pediatric services, family planning advice and testing, acute and repeat infections and many more. You can find out more on their website, http://roseneathdoctorsrichmond.co.uk/.